They say, “Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. But if the eyes are too tired to behold, then beauty seems to be lost. Sparkling, bright eyes can communicate a lot of things about an individual. When the iris is in high contrast with the eye’s white part, your eyes tend to have more sparkle and generally display a sense of vitality, good health, and excitement. Have you ever thought about how the models in a magazine cover have such bright and sparkling eyes? Well, that is the result of retouching using different photo editing tools. If you want to make your eyes look brighter, whiter, and attractive, then you must follow these top 10 eye care beauty tips.
Without using high-end photo editing tools, your eyes will not be able to get the similar sparkle spectrum as your favorite model or celebrity. However, if you have realistic expectations, some essential beauty tips can enhance the health and sparkle of the eyes.
Top 10 Eye Care Beauty Tips
Integrating a few good habits into your regular lifestyle will guarantee good and healthy eyes. These are not tough or unachievable, but they can improve the look and vision of your eyes too. Let us dig into the top eye care tips.
Have all the essential vitamins and minerals- It is one of the best eye care beauty tips that you should keep in mind. Include all fruits and vegetables like broccoli, spinach, sweet potato, and carrots in your diet. Also, consume foods that are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. These foods have a high amount of nutrients, vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals and help avoid most eye problems and vision-related problems.
2. Avoid dry hair- Another on the list of eye car beauty tips that you must follow is to avoid dry hair. The air in high deserts and high-altitude areas and airplanes is dry. Smoke and wind can also dry out your eyes, as can car heaters and hair dryers that blow directly inside your eyes. When there is not enough moisture inside your eyes, they can become scratchy, red, and irritated. If possible, avoid dry hair and carry an eye drop especially while going to a dry place to keep your eyes well-hydrated.
3. Keep green tea bags on the eyelids- Another one on the list of eye care beauty tips If your eyes are swollen, puffy, and feel irritated, keeping green tea bags on the eyelids may help in reducing the swelling and ease discomfort.
According to studies, the polyphenol that is specifically potent in green tea, also known as epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties on the cells of the cornea. So, if you want to follow eye care beauty tips, you must keep this ingredient in mind.
The best way to use green tea for your eyes is to first steep the tea bags in water. Next, allow them to cool completely or you can even put them inside the refrigerator for nearly 15 minutes. Once the tea bags are cool, close your eyes and keep them over your eyelids for at least 10 minutes.
4. Potato- Yes, you are reading it right. Potato is one of the best eye care beauty tips to follow. Do you suffer from under-eye dark circles or puffy eyes? Potato is one of the best eye care beauty tips that are easily available at home. The potato juice has astringent properties which help in reducing the puffiness of the eyelids and helps in eradicating dark circles.
Grate a raw potato and put the potato pulp in a fine cloth and keep it on the eyes. Consecutively, you can keep a slice of peeled potato on your eyes for 15 minutes. This will help you to take care of the dark circles and eye puffiness. It could also help you to keep wrinkles around your eyes at bay!
5. Daily exercise for eyes- It is amazing to see how often the muscles around your eyes tighten up and as the result, contribute to aged-looking and tired eyes. This is especially the case after spending time doing a similar activity and getting stuck in habitual patterns of movement like looking at the screen for a long time.
There are several exercises for relaxing your eyes and bring them back to life. One of the best exercises for eyes you can do wherever you are is to open your eyes as wide as you can and blink fast for around 20 times. Another exercise is to take a pen or pencil and track its tip with your eyes as you shift it vertically, horizontally, or around in a circle. The best time to do this exercise is before going to bed so that your eyes can relax while you sleep at night.
6. Use rose water- Another important tip among the Top 10 eye care beauty tips is to use rose water often. Studies have shown that rose water’s anti-inflammatory properties can be a great remedy for different eye conditions. Apply a few drops of rose water using an eyedropper. You can even dab your eyelids using a cotton ball soaked in rose water to lessen eye puffiness or swelling. You can buy rose water from organic retailers, health food stores, and even online. If you are not sure whether rose water is safe for your eyes, then you can always suggest your doctor before you start using it.
7. Eye massage- A simple eye massage around your eyes can help in improving lymph drainage and enhances blood circulation around your eyes. This can ease inflammation and at the same time also lessen the appearance of dark circles. For doing an eye massage:
Use the fingertips of your middle and index fingers to tap in a circle around the eyes gently. This can help in improving the blood flow in the area.Start the massage along with your eyebrows, then move the fingers outward towards the edge and down along the cheekbones, moving inwards toward the bridge of your nose.Circle your eyes 3 times using your fingertips.Then, by using your middle finger, press upward on either side of the nose, below your eyebrow bone.Next, using your middle fingers, press inward towards the nose, next to tear ducts.Make sure you do not drag or pull your skin while you move your fingers around the eye area.Repeat this massage for around 30 seconds or more.
8. Drink lots of water- Staying hydrated is a significant part of your overall health, but it is specifically important for your skin and eyes. You must drink at least 8 glasses of water every day to ensure your body has sufficient moisture to keep your eyes hydrated and lubricated. If the weather is warmer than usual and if you are active, then it is important to drink more water.
9. Get enough sleep- If you are not getting enough sleep, your eyes will show signs of sleep deprivation or fatigue sooner or later. Make sure you sleep early enough so that you get a minimum of 7 to 9 hours of sound sleep. To avoid eye problems and get good sleep, you must keep your electronic devices away before going to sleep. According to scientific studies, exposure to artificial lights, mainly near bedtime, can negatively affect your eye’s health and sleep cycle. If you do not want to wake up with puffy eyes, try to sleep by keeping your head a bit elevated. This may avoid fluid from collecting under the eyes.
10. Consuming too much salt can cause your body to retain water. Water retention has an inflammatory effect, which could cause puffiness in and around your eyes. Intake of too much salt can also increase blood pressure. To avoid water retention and to keep a check on your blood pressure, you must limit your intake of sodium to about less than 2,300 mg- i.e., 1 teaspoon of salt every day.
Sparkling eyes are a sign of good health. If your eyes look red, puffy, and tired, they are probably not going to look glamorous. Fortunately, these top 10 eye care beauty tips can improve the health of your eyes. Try them and see the difference!